Troublesome Alfa Romeo Stelvio Vehicles Recalled for Numerous Defects
Norman Taylor & Associates
January 14, 2021
Naturally, many people who buy “luxury vehicles” expect them to be beautiful, high-performance, durable, and equipped with high-quality features. Yet, even the newest and best-in-class vehicles can prove to be troublesome.
That seems to be the case with some of the latest Alfa Romeo vehicles, including the 2018 Stelvio which has been recalled by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) eight times for different problems.
Recent Recalls by the NHTSA
The NHTSA will recall a vehicle when if it determines that a vehicle, its equipment, or any part fails to meet certain safety standards and poses a safety risk. Here is a list of recalls issued by the agency for 2018 Alfa Romeo Stelvio vehicles:
- Electrical System. Vehicles may be operated without enough fuel in the tank, causing the car to stall and increasing the risk of a crash.
- Brake Hydraulic System. The Brake System Module (BSM) may prevent the driver from disabling cruise control after the traction control system detects a wheel slip. Additionally, vehicles may have been filled with contaminated brake fluid during production, causing damage to the system and a reduction in braking performance.
- Engine. Heat damage to the engine wiring or components can cause the car to stall or increase the risk of a fire.
- Cooling System. Engine cooling hoses may be equipped with inadequate webbing material that causes leaks, resulting in a loss of coolant and causing the engine to overheat and the vehicle to stall.
- Electrical Equipment. Electrical malfunctions, such as windshield wipers and lights, may not work, which can increase the risk of a crash, especially during rainfall and at night.
- Body Structure. Water may leak into the wiring connectors for the rear liftgate and liftgate-opening switch, causing corrosion which can then cause the liftgate to unintentionally open.
- Windshield Wipers. Systems may incorrectly interpret wiper motors as overheating, limiting the windshield wipers to only operating at low-speed setting and hindering road visibility.
If your Stelvio was affected by one of the above recalls or another issue altogether, the car manufacturer is required to remedy the problem free of charge. However, you may have already given Alfa Romeo a reasonable chance to repair any number of these items in which case you may be able to pursue a lemon law case and seek a full refund.
You can read one of our recent blogs here to learn about recalls and lemons.
Your Lemon Law Legal Rights
If you believe you have a lemon on your hands, you don’t have to be stuck with it. You have legal rights to compensation, a return, or a replacement vehicle. At Norman Taylor & Associates, we specialize in lemon laws and have handled over 10,000 of these cases. Sit back and let our attorneys handle your case at no cost to you.
Contact our firm at (818) 244-3905 to speak with our Los Angeles lemon law attorneys for free today.